Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cantina Laredo Happy Hour Review

Hello Happy People! Todays review comes from the modern Mexican restaurant Cantina Laredo. Cantina is located in the heart of Midtown Omaha ( 120 South 31st Avenue). Happy Hour times are from 4:00pm to 7:00pm Monday-Friday, Reverse Happy Hour 9:00pm to 10:00pm Monday-Thursday and on Friday 9:00pm to 11:00pm. Cantina offers $5 house Margaritas, $4 House Wines, $4 Well Drinks, $2.50 Domestics, $3.25 and half off bar food. Food only served at the bar for discount.


Its only right to start of with a Margarita when you're at a Mexican restaurant. I had the pleasure of having the Melon Midori. FYI any Rita that is flavored besides Lime is $1.50 extra. I like how you have the choice of either having your Rita on the rocks or blended. Of course I had to have my blended! I did enjoy this drink, it was a mix of sweet and tart. On the plus side my Bartender hooked me up cause this one was nice and strong. Despite the picture the Ritas are in a large glass, worth the $5.



 
 

I should be ashamed of myself, as a Foodie I never had crab cakes before. Cantina Laredo popped that cherry and I'm glad they did. The cakes are served with poblano sauce on the bottom and roasted red peppers as a garnish. Moist, delicious, and decadent is the best way I can describe it. Each bite you can feel the texture of the crab and the freshness from the red peppers. For me the cakes were in the perfect portion and I left satisfied.
 
 

 
Unfortunately I didn't save my notes on my laptop and I forgot the official name of this flatbread. So lets call it Bomb.com Steak Cherry Salsa Flatbread! LOL!!! In my lifetime I eaten many flatbreads in my day. This one is definitely on my top 5. The steak was cooked well done and not tough at all. I love how the cherry and mushroom complimented each other giving you savory and sweet. This dish is perfect to share with your girls or just yourself alone.
 
Overall I have to give Cantina Laredo 5 Smiles! I loved the Margaritas and the Flatbread. Cantina Laredo has a low key dark atmosphere but the windows by the patio gives you tons of natural light, which I adore. I do see myself coming here again on a Thursday for Ladies NIGHT!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment