Monday, November 10, 2014

Pig & Finch Happy Hour Review

One of the new additions to Pacific Plaza Pig and Finch (10387 Pacific Street Omaha) prides its self serving the best pork and fowl in town. Pup atmosphere combined with quality good and company is what makes Pig and Finch special. P&F offers Happy Hour everyday 3:30-6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 2:00pm-6:00pm. $4Well drinks, $5 Specialty Cocktail, $6 Martinis, $6 glasses of wine, $2 off Draft Beers and last but not least $3 Pub Snacks.
 
P&F is the place where you can dine with your love, or hang out with your pal and watch the Cowboys murder the Jaguars! With the dining area on one side and the bar on  the other and a wall separating the two, P&F caters to both. The dining area is nice and spacious, and the bar is a nice size as well with high tables and booths. The interior is bold with royal purple walls, and dark wood for furnishings. Through out the dining area you see gold accents that compliments the décor well. I think P&F is trying to let you know that they are Kings of Pork and Fowl.
 
One thing to note is that when it comes to the $3 Pub Snacks, there isn't much to offer, only four selection's First thing we tried was the MayTag Blue Cheese Potato Chips (Blue Cheese Cream/Chives) The chips sliced thin with a drizzle of cream on top and what seemed to be a pool on the bottom. The chips were good on its own, but overall all I was expecting more. Blue Cheese  is very flavorful, high in acid content, and a crumb like texture. In this dish you can hardly taste it. They did so happen to put 2 little crumbles on top of the chips. The cream had the consistency of queso with parmesan-asiago flavor than blue cheese.  I was expecting the saltiness from the chip to complement the tang of blue cheese and what we experienced the taste of nachos.
 
 
 






 
Next we had the Pretzel Bits (Salt, Caraway, Poppy Seed Ale Cheese, and Stone Ground Mustard)  The pretzel bits were a little hard for my liking. I like soft pretzels like pillows. The cheese that was paired tasted very bland, almost like nothing. The consistency is what you get from Easy Mac sauces, gritty and lack of flavor. What I did enjoy was the mustard. The mustard was the only thing you can taste on the platter.
 
During my visit I decided to go with a cocktail. I had the Blue Berry Lemonade Vodka ($5). Absolutely my new favorite. It reminded me of Blue Lemonade Kool-Aid mixed with Ciroc and that was okay with me. If you like sweet drinks like myself, this drink is for you. I like how the mushed up the blueberries, it gave the drink life and color.
 
Overall P&F Happy Hour is slight bit disappointing. With only four options for pub snacks, I wish they offered at least two more. The flavor was lacking in each dish and I was expecting better.  I will however go and dine off their main menu. Grilled Pork Chop is amazing and their Sunday Brunch is worth it. Overall I give P&F 1 Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment