Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ginger Pan Asian Grill (Lincoln)

Lincoln’s newest sushi spot and Mongolian grill, Ginger Pan Asian Grill is located on 6055 Apples Way (great news for South Lincolnites like myself, no more trekking all the way to the Haymarket for sushi)! Specializing in sushi, Asian entrees and a large selection of items for their Mongolian Grill, Ginger has a bit of something for everyone. Happy Hour is 3p-6p Monday through Saturday and ALL day Sunday. Specialty drinks are $5 as well as $2 Bud Light draws, sushi rolls range from $2.50-$4.50 and select apps are $3.50-$5.

Ginger’s decor is very sleek and modern. Happy Hour is in the bar area, where you can either sit at the sushi bar and watch the magic happen, select a booth for a bit of privacy or sit at one of the hightops. The music is modern radio fair, a bit better than the usual surfer/semi Asian background music most places default to. Service was quick and efficient, a plus as Ginger hasn’t been open more than a month or so. The place wasn’t super packed, which I attribute to not many people being aware Ginger is open. Can see this place becoming a hot date spot.

I started with the pineapple mojito ($5) which was ready quickly (Ginger has a full bar opposite the sushi bar.) The drink was super pretty (I care about those kind of things) but outside of that, I wasn’t impressed. There was something a bit off about it but I couldn’t place what. Would probably try a Mai Tai or Gingertini next go round.


The first item that arrived was my crab rangoon ($4.50). I was glad that Ginger doesn’t serve smaller portions for HH, everything is big enough to share. These were winners because they actually had crab in them! Not just the blah cream cheese most places pass off as crab rangoon. They came out super crispy and the sweet and sour sauce wasn’t too thick or sweet. Definitely the best thing I had that night.


For sushi I went with the spicy tuna roll ($3) which again was a great portion (8 pieces) and well presented. These rolls were as fresh as sushi can be in a landlocked Midwestern city. Can see myself liking this place more than a certain other sushi chain (rhymes with true).


I’m giving Ginger 4 smiles. Overall I really loved this place. I’m chalking up my drink with my tastebuds adjusting after i was sick days before. The crab rangoon and service was great, but I do wish there was more of a variety with their sushi items. Include more of the specialty rolls for a slightly higher price like $6 or $7. I’d gladly pay it.

1 comment:

  1. You LIKED the spicy tuna roll? Have you never had properly prepared spicy tuna rolls to compare it with? It's like eating the paste you use in 3rd grade. Their bloody mary's are okay, but really, bas spicy tuna rolls, I make it better and I'm not from Japan or Pan Asan.

    ReplyDelete