Thursday, January 22, 2015

Granite City Happy Hour Review

 
 
 
 
Granite City Food and Brewery located 1001 N 102nd St, right by Westroads Mall Omaha. Granite City offers Happy Hour EVERY DAY PEOPLE! Yes everyday twice a day baby! Monday-Friday 3pm-6pm, Saturday-Sunday from Noon-5pm, and every night 9pm to close.  Happy Hour consists of $4, $6, and $8 small plates. $5 Cocktails, Martinis, Wines, Sprits, and Skinnies for the calories watcher out there.

 
Before my Happy Hour visit, I visited Granite City before for their Brunch. Granite's Brunch is noteworthy. I was impressed how Granite City offers their Happy Hour twice a day, giving patrons options and convenience which I really love.  My beautiful Mother joined for this review, and first thing she ordered was the Red Sangria Sunset. I have to say the Sunset was the best I tasted and worth $5 and more. Just the right about of wine and not too much fruit.
 



When ever there is a quesadilla on the menu I order! I just became a fan of the two tortillas smashed together creation. I liked how they drizzled the sour cream on top. I always over dose on the cream. I do wish the chicken was more flavorful and had some sort of kick. Overall it was okay for $6, but not very noteworthy.

Potatoes and Sour Cream just go together like the cream in a Twinkie. Okay maybe that wasn't the right metaphor but you get it. This dish was the small version of the Idaho Nachos with shredded cheese, chives, tomatoes, and huge dollop of Daisy...hahahaha.  I loved how the potatoes were in waffle fry form (my favorite). You can definitely get full of this one plate. Ask your server for the Granite Dip....then thank me later.

Next we tried the Chicken Tenders basket with French fries. Not more than your average chicken tenders that you can get at your local fast food joint.

Overall I give Granite City 4 Smiles. I love the options of food and drinks, and I'm really happy about the convenience of the times that are offered. Happy Hours everyday is great, but when you offer it twice a day everyday its a plus.




No comments:

Post a Comment