Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Horsemen's Park



Horsemen’s Park is located on 6306 Q Street, West of 72nd. Horsemen’s Park is a unique Horse Racing Track and simulcast facility. With live racing 3 days a week and live simulcast coast to coast 7 days a week Horsemen’s has a lot to offer. Horsemen is not only known for its critically acclaimed horse racing, but the inexpensive delicious food. Happy Hour is Monday-Wednesday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, $2 16 oz draws, $2 domestic beers, and my favorite $2 well drinks.  Along with the Happy Hour specials, there's also nightly dinner deals after 5pm. Tuesday is .40 cent wings, Wednesdays $6.95 flat iron steak, Thursdays $1 tacos (or 3 for $2.75), S4.95 nachos, $2 margaritas, and 2 coronas. Fridays are $8.95 prime rib dinner

Walking into Horsemen's all I saw at first was numerous tv's and mini cubicles. Men and women watching the latest races and betting money and people walking around with wads of cash in their hand. I knew this was the place to be. Most of the crowd was middle-age to senior. But I was diggin it.




I so happened to visit Horsemen’s Park on a Thursday. The first thing I tried was the $2 Margarita. I had the option of having it on the rocks or frozen. I chose frozen of course! The plus side they had multiple flavors. If you know me you know I love Strawberry. This margarita, of course, came from a mix, but I couldn’t complain because it was only $2. I would prefer for it to have more tequila but again…its $2 not much room for complaints.





Next we decided to get the tacos. You can either get them hard or soft. We chose both with chicken and beef. The soft chicken taco was a little plain. It would’ve been better if the chicken had a bit more seasoning to it.All I could really taste was the lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.  The hard shell beef taco was plain as well, had to add some salsa to get some taste. We also had the nachos. The nachos came with shredded cheese, beef, and pile high toppings. Overall I give Horsemen’s 3 smiles. I adore the atmosphere and $2 margaritas! But the meat needs much need flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment