Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Plank Happy Hour Review Remiiixxxxxxx



\


This is the REEEEMMMIIIXXXXX *in my best Diddy Voice! For the month of June I'll be reviewing a few Happy Hour's that I've done in the past! First up is Plank Seafood and Provisons. Located in the heart of Old Market Omaha 1205 Howard St. Happy Hour is DAILY, Monday-Saturday 3pm-6;30pm. Sunday Noon- 8pm. Plank offers discounted appetizers and cocktails.



First on the list is the Redbeard's Rita ( Cabrito Silver Tequila, housemade Limoncello, fresh lime, simple syrup, and pomegranate. Besides squeezing the orange slice I couldn't taste much of anything. I was expecting a punch that pomegranate has and I didn't get that. Just reminded me of a old fashion margarita.

You can't come to Plank without having a few oysters! For $1.25 a piece during Happy Hour you can't go wrong. I loved the seasonal horseradish and ginger mignonette to pair! Absolutely great combination!

Next, Poutine Fries! For $5 you get natural cut fries, Wisconsin white cheddar cheese, and braised bacon gravy! I love their version of this Canada dish! The fries were nice and hot. Gravy had tons of flavor, and loved the freshness from the green onions! Great with your favorite cocktail. Just makes you feel warm and soft inside.


Last thing I had was the Petite Po' Boy Fish Sandwich (tomatoes, pickle, lettuce, and creole mustard). Two things that was unfortunate about this dish. 1. I forgot to take a picture. 2nd. I originally ordered the Shrimp Po' Boy but they gave me fish. I'm the type of person that doesn't complain much so I didn't mind. The waitress was kind enough to give me the Shrimp Po'Boy to go for free.

What I wish this Po' Boy had was texture and flavor! The fish itself was very bland. Tasted like they just rolled the fish in corn meal and flour with no seasoning. The bread was soggy from toasting with butter, the creole mustard tasted like the standard aoili. Quite disappointed in this dish ;-(

Overall I give Plank Seafood and Provisions 3 smiles! The prices are great, but from the dishes I tried flavor is much needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment