Sunday, July 17, 2016

LeadBelly Happy Hour Review


 LeadBelly is Midtown Crossing new restaurant located at 3201 Farman Street in Omaha, NE.  Happy Hour is everyday starting Monday through Thursday from 3:00PM-6:00PM, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30PM-12:00AM, and Sunday Funday 11:00AM-5:00PM. Happy Hour seating is throughout the whole restaurant, so you won’t have to worry about limited seating. Happy Hour consist of $1 off Apps, wells, wine and Draft Beers. $2 off Scotch, Irish & American Whiskeys. All Taller Boys $2. $3 Shot O’ Day, Fireball, Goldschlager, Jagermeister, Rumple Mintze, $4 Guinness, Jameson, and $5 Martinis, Craft Cocktails, Sparklings, and $5 off bottles of wine.


LeadBelly had me hooked from their customer service. Upon entering the establishment I was greeted with a hello, and had the pleasure of sitting anywhere where I wanted. Once seated the waiter greeted me as well, and asked what I wanted to drink. I first started with a water and I was amazed that they used an old fashion jar, I’m a sucker for mason jars! For libations I had the Caucasian cocktail (Smirnoff 21, Kahlua, and Cream). I believe the Caucasian is my new favorite drink ladies and gentlemen. Imagine finishing off a caramel sundae and you have the liquid at the bottom that is what this drink remind me off. It was smooth, sweet, delicious, and a little bit strong.



For appetizer I started with Canada’s famous dish Poutine (waffle fries, red wine gravy, aged white cheddar cheese curd, smoked candied bacon). FYI this dish is big enough to feed two maybe three people! The star of this dish was the candied bacon! Sweet and salty bacon on waffle fries is literally everything and I also enjoyed the red wine gravy even though I couldn’t really taste the wine. For my true foodies out here you would love this dish. For my people that needs carbs to get them over a drunken night, you would love this dish!



Next I had their tacos!! If you’re a taco lover like myself LeadBelly won’t disappoint! I first started with the Ahi Taco (marinated raw tuna, romaine, fresh jalapeno, avocado, cilantro and lime) The Ahi is marinated to perfection and adding the romaine lettuce instead of a slaw was the perfect combo. FYI this taco does have a kick but it is not too spicy. The other taco I had was the Jerk Shrimp Taco (citrus slaw, red onion, fresh jalapeno, white cheddar, and lime). This taco was my favorite! The jerk flavor of the shrimp with the sweet slaw was absolutely delicious!


LeadBelly is that place where you can come relax, be with friends and just enjoy good food and libations! Because of the customer service and of course the food I give LeadBelly 5 Smiles!! 

1 comment:

  1. If you're in town for any amount of time, you'll probably find yourself in downtown's Old Market. This historic area features restaurants, shops, art galleries and even some of our other top things to do like the Durham Museum, the Omaha Children's Museum and the Joslyn Art Museum. There's also the Lauritzen Gardens - Omaha's Botanical Center and the prized Henry Doorly Zoo, which each hug the Missouri River.

    Omaha Cocktail Lounge

    ReplyDelete