Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Voodoo Taco Happy Hour Review




Voodoo Tacos has two locations in Omaha. One on 90th and Fort and Nebraska Crossing Outlets.  Happy Hour offers $1 Off Domestics, Margaritas and Daiquiris from 2:30pm-6:30pm. Also, $1 off Tacos from 3:00pm-6pm. Each Happy Hour is Monday-Friday and all day Saturday.

I visited Voodoo Taco on my birthday and my intention wasn't on doing a review. I just wanted to stuff my face and enjoy my 25th Birthday. It just happened by the time I got there, they were offering Happy Hour....so why not! I've been wanting to try Voodoo for a while and finally my wish came true. 
First taco we tried was the Baja Shrimp $3.75 (cajun battered fried shrimp, Napa cabbage, shredded Asadero cheese, fresh avocado, and topped with Siriachi aioli and fresh cilantro). Also the Smoked Brisket (slow smoked beef, refried beans, chopped onions, jalapenos, roasted corn, shredded cheddar, pico and cilantro). As stated before I've been waiting to try Voodoo taco for ages. I heard many fabulous things and my expectations were high. The Shrimp taco unfortunately lacked flavor. The description stated "cajun battered" and I was expecting spice and a kick. What I got was fried plain shrimp and over load of lettuce. For the price of Voodoos tacos I expected more. In my opinion it was just a 3 shrimp taco with lettuce, nothing to brag about. 
The next taco we sample (pictured above)  was the Fried Chicken Taco (crispy fried chicken, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and pico). This taco was okay even though it reminded me of a Crispy McWrap from McDonalds. Like the Baja Shrimp Taco the veggies were over powering the taco. If you're a taco fanatic like me, a taco is all about the protein!! 

One thing that is awesome about Voodoo is that Voodoo is a participant of Pin Point! Pin Point is an amazing app that offers discounts an points to many restaurants and stores. I just happened to look on my app and seen a "Buy one Get one Free" coupon.  

If you're looking for a wide variety of tacos, a fun atmosphere and a margarita...Voodoo Taco is the place to go. For Happy Hour I'm rating them 1 smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment