Monday, September 8, 2014

Block 16 Happy Hour Review

Located on 16th and Farnam right next to Douglas County Courthouse (1611 Farnam St). Happy Hour is Thursday to Saturday from 3pm to 6pm. Happy Hour offers $2 Select Beers, $5 Wines and $5 Select Appetizers. Farm to Table is Block 16's style.Offering fresh and local street food to the table.





Vintage dressers and chalk board menus, posted on the wall brings its charm. Block 16 offers casual dining and early 2000 hits like Jay-Z "Izzo"and OutKast. Dining area is quite small but Block 16 uses every space for enough seating.



 For starters I tried Zip Lines Brewing Company (Lincoln, NE) Oatmeal Porter ($2) . Organic rolled oats with dark chocolate and coffee undertones. I'm not a beer kind of girl, it reminded me of a Mocha but beer. First appetizer I tried was the Smoked Brisket Quesadilla (smoked brisket, with corn relish). Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of this divine creation. Please forgive me!!! Thin sliced brisket sandwiched between two different cheeses (american and provolone) drizzled with I believe a chipotle sauce,and topped with corn relish. To be honest I was expecting more meat, but the portion was reasonable. I was able to taste the smokiness from the brisket. Who would of thought that BBQ and Mexican would go together.

 (photo credit Block16)

Next was the Lavosh (flatbread with heirloom tomato, white anchovy, onion, herbs, and Grena Podona). When it comes to anchovies I'm not a rookie. What I learned from my visit is that not all anchovies are the same. I was expecting thin,smoked, and salty filet of anchovies. What I got was thick and cold filet. It wasn't much flavor overall. This dish tasted plain jane. I was expecting a lot more. I caught myself taking the toppings off and just eating the flatbread alone. 


Even though I had a good time, enjoyed my beer and quesdialla. I give Block 16's Happy Hour 1 smiles. Their Happy Hour isn't much to brag about it. Eventually I will go back and try their main menu items. Block 16 are host of many awards and accolades and I can't wait to try the Duck Duck Goose Fries.  






No comments:

Post a Comment